About Me

My photo
Kansas City, MO
I am an old, has been football player that is in constant pain from the glory days. Yeah some glory, 6-48-1. One disc partially removed and many more needing removed. I love Jesus and try to serve Him daily. I would say my life is centered around Him and I try to always be a servant of His. He has influenced my life in the past and present. I am married and have two children. I don't sleep much and therefore I have a reason to be grumpy, on occasion. I love the outdoors and watching nature. If you don't know me very well, then you will soon find out by my pictures that I love to hunt, fish and take pictures. I especially enjoy taking my friends and family hunting.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

BUSY WEEK

Wow has it been a busy week. Worked one day and took the next day off to go to Marysville for my aunt Genie's funeral. After the funeral I came back home. Went to work the next day and then drove back to Marysville. Since 9-1 is opening day of dove season, I had to go. Well, dove season just isn't the same without GPA Wiggins. Also, I only got 6 birds on opening day. I think we had a total of 24 between 4 guys. We have never done that bad. Too many cool days before season.

On 9-1 at about 9:30 pm, my son calls me and tells me my wife is very sick and going to the hospital. They were to call me once they knew more from the Dr. At about midnight, I get a call stating she is staying at hospital and will have her gall bladder removed in the morning. Since I was running on few hours off sleep, I decided to sleep until 5 am and get up and go back home. Arlene had surgery about noon on Tuesday and was able to go home Wed. She is still feeling "BLAH" at this time and still in some pain.

I'm thankful she is home and recovering. Thank you to those who helped care for her and visited with me. Also the many prayers. It is nice to have the extra support from others.

Hope everyone is healthy and have a great day.

No comments: